Made with Moxie: Just one of those days

March 1, 2012

Just one of those days

Today was a great day. It was sunny and warm. The kiddos played and laughed with each other all day. I am 95% finished with my Modern Mini quilt. And I must say that I have never put on a binding more perfectly. Nor made a more square quilt. (shines gold star on chest)

Before I continue on into my day, I would like to say a huge Thank you! to all my customers. This month we raised $202 dollars for Mended Little Hearts through sales in my Etsy shop.. Mended Little Hearts is a support program for parents of children with heart defects and heart disease. One in every one hundred babies are born with a congenital heart defect. It is the most common birth defect, and is a leading cause of birth-defect related deaths worldwide.

This week I also finished up a few things to send to Abby. Abby's family is planning a silent auction in order to raise money for her new heart. She was born with Tetrology of Fallot a congenital heart defect (CHD) and has endured two open heart surgeries and has a pacemaker/defribrillator inside her. Her heart is failing her and she will need a transplant. This is her blog.
I also put my Heart Superhero embroideries from Rachel of imagine gnat's in frames for Abby's auction. You can buy the patterns here. I will also be sending my Modern Mini Quilt for Abby's auction, too!


Back to today: During little man's nap today my daughter and I went outside. She asks to go outside all the time. And I love to indulge her when the weather is cooperating. She is an inquisitive little girl, as most two year olds are and I love it.

My daughter is such a ray of sunshine. I love the poop out of her. I hopped her up onto this large stump that is on the edge of the woods in our yard and the wind blew her hair about her face. And she just stood there, feeling her hair dance. She was so beautiful.

Today was good.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway if you haven't already. Tomorrow I am finishing up the final details of my Modern Mini Quilt. I can't wait to show it off to you!

Smile. Tomorrow is Friday! :)