Made with Moxie: Fall Fun: The Simple Things

October 2, 2012

Fall Fun: The Simple Things

Autumn is hands down my favorite season. I love its holidays and the weather. Jeans, hoodies and cute clogs are my uniform. And can we talk about the colors? The oranges, yellows, reds and purples just make my heart sign. Spring flowers are lovely, but its the fall foliage that makes my heart sing. It just calls to me and say, hey, pack your bags and move back to New England, get a cabin in the woods on a lake...

Last weekend was an amazing autumn weekend. My husband and I took the kids to a local farm to pick pumpkins. Turns out, it was my husband's first time in a pumpkin patch, too! (He's from southern California. Their "pumpkin patches" are empty parking lots on street corners.)

At home we threw a pot of chili on the stove

and made a fancy garland from our Halloween costume fleece scraps.

Then we tied on our aprons and made some cookies!



Which of course was immediately followed by baths. I'm fairly certain we wore more flour than went into the cookies.

It's a skull and crossbones if you can't tell. We're working on our sprinkle decoration.

I'm linking up this week with Simple As That.